From looking at Godwin's theory many of my initial video ideas have been influenced. When planning the content of my video I will now have to take into consideration the following:
- The relationship between lyrics and visuals: When coming up with an idea for my music video I will have to heavily take into consideration the lyrics within the song I choose, as these will have to represented accurately by my video. On the other hand I could subvert these expectations and have my video as something completely different from the lyrics, which would give it a unique selling point.
- Thought beats - when editing my video I will try and cut the shots within the rhythm of the music (so that the shot changes on the beat) this will make the video flow better and overall be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Genre Characteristics: Whatever genre I choose to work under I will have to ensure that my video fits accordingly to the song, for example if I choose a pop song I will have to use bright colours and possibly a fast editing pace.
- Voyeurism: I may not want to include this heavily within my video as it may cause some controversy.
- Inter-textual reference: depending on the sound I select I may wish to have some inter-textual referencing within my video as this is done quite often within the industry.
- Close-ups: I will also try and involve plenty of close ups of my artist(s) when filming as they need to be the main focus of the video, and the viewers eyes should be drawn to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment