Using Google we researched into a variety of different digipaks in the rock genre. From looking at the designs we noticed that a lot of digipak's were graphically designed, meaning that they were produced on software like Photoshop. This inspired us to create something similar, rather than using photos.
Above are images showing the process we went through to produce the front cover. As we wanted to stick with a minimal colour pallet and desaturated tones, we stuck to using just black and whites with a gradient to achieve greys and silver like colours. This was something we noticed heavily within the Rock genre, a lot of artists have a very simple cover which helps capture the audiences attention as it is straight to the point and easy to see the artist name and album name
1. The first stage was to produce the background. I used the Lasso tool to create multiple triangular shapes.
2. I then used the gradient tool and filled in each triangle to create a slight bevel, raised effect.
3. Once the background was complete I used Perpetua Titling MT font as my main font as it was a simple serif font, easy to read and it was also similar to the real band's, Royal Blood.
4. When creating the logo I wanted to keep it simple but have a slightly edgy side to it, rather than placing to letters over each other I decided to link them within. I used to dodge and burn tool to create the shadows and also the drop shadows tool to create an all round shadows to create some depth within the text.
Aidan

No comments:
Post a Comment